In English, please ;-) (for all first aiders)

Notfallszenarien für Ersthelfer bis Rettungsdienstmitarbeiter.

Foren-Übersicht Erste Hilfe, Rettung und Medizin Fallbeispiele

29.08.2009, 08:17
Hey there,
actually I am sitting at the office and don't have anything better to do than thinking about introducing some medical vocabs to anyone who would like to work on this case study. Actually everything is working quite simliar to the german "Fallbeispiele" you already know - the only thing is, that your patient is british and does not speak any German :-)

Your situation:
Together with your class, you are spending a class trip in London with plenty of sightseeing, theatre plays and - of course - shopping.
At the moment you are walking aroud picadelli circus and waiting for the traffic lights to let you cross the street, when one of the British guys standing next to you decides not to wait any longer and ignores the red lights. He almost manages to cross the street when he suddenly gets hit by a car.

Your equipment:
You don't have anything except the pair of gloves and some adhesive plasters you wear in your bag, but i am sure you might find some first aid kits in one of the cars stopping next to the acident.

Anyway - whoever would like to help this poor guy is invited to do so. And don't worry about your English!

cu,
caro
Caro, 28, Lehrerin.

29.08.2009, 09:09
Well, so let´s do this...
I move to the guy and try to talk to him ("Hi! Are you ok?").
Before I move to this guy, I talk o the rest of my class:
"Ein Paar von euch sichern mal die Unfallstelle ab und suchen mir einen Verbandkasten!" (I hope that they understand the german language.)
Is one of them also a first aider/paramedic etc.?
Ich bin als Rettungsschwimmer geboren, mit Wasser gestillt und aufgezogen! Hurra!:P

leverkusen.dlrg.de
www.drk-lev.de

29.08.2009, 09:37
You've been in the UK for only two days, so don't worry - your classmates still speak German perfectly well.
They manage to stop the traffic so that you are safe when entering the street. There is also a pandacar from the local police stopping and taking over the management of the traffic. One of your classmates who is also joining the schools first aid team asked one of the policemen to pass him their first aid kit and comes to help you with the patient.

The patient:
Is lying on the street - just in front of the car that hit him. He is concious but telling you that he feels somehow dizzy. Looking at him you can see that he has a laceration at the right side of his head and a bleeding nose.

Is there anything you would like to do in order to help him?
Caro, 28, Lehrerin.

29.08.2009, 09:55
First I do something to help myself: I put my gloves on.
I ask him if he feels any pain and where he feels it.
Can he feel and move his hands and feet?
Ich bin als Rettungsschwimmer geboren, mit Wasser gestillt und aufgezogen! Hurra!:P

leverkusen.dlrg.de
www.drk-lev.de

29.08.2009, 10:12
He tells you that his head is very painfull and that he has some pain in his right chest. He still feels quite dizzy and is complaining about nausea.
Answering your question about his hands and feet he tells you that he can still feel them.
Caro, 28, Lehrerin.

30.08.2009, 19:10
I ask my Partner to call an ambulance.
Then I care for his Head. I try to lay his head on a higher level and put a compress on his traumata. I try to bend his head forward because of his epistaxis.

leverkusen.dlrg.de
www.drk-lev.de

31.08.2009, 08:26
Would anybody like to take over the part of calling an ambulance? which number would you call? what information would you give to the operator?

@LevSani: Your patient is fine with the compress and also tries to help you with bending his head forwards. He tells you that he feels a bit more comfortable in this new position and wants to know how long the ambulance will take to arrive and wonders about the driver of the car that hit him 'cause he thinks its weird that he did not even apologize...
Caro, 28, Lehrerin.

31.08.2009, 14:28
Is the car that hit him still on the scene?
If it is, I would ask the Police officers to care for the Driver.
I tell my partner that the number of the ambulance is 112, because this is the number for the ambulance in nearly every state in the EU.
I tell the patient, that I don´t know exactly when the ambulance will arrive, but I´m sure that it will be in a few minutes.

leverkusen.dlrg.de
www.drk-lev.de

31.08.2009, 15:41
Ok - the guy from the police cares for the driver who is just a bit nervous after everything that happened....
Your friend managed to call the ambulance - even though the number you gave him is not the valid emergency number in the uk - but one of the policemen told him the right number (999).
Just a few minutes later you can hear the ambulance arriving.
Can you give a brief conclusion of what happend and what you have done to the paramedics?
Caro, 28, Lehrerin.

31.08.2009, 16:45
Hi! This ist Mr X...he has been hit by a car. He feels al little bit dizzy and has pain in his head and his right chest. He has traumata at his head and nose, I gave him some gaze and layed his chest up.

leverkusen.dlrg.de
www.drk-lev.de

31.08.2009, 17:50
Ok - i think we can finish this case study at this point and change the language for the discussion (just to make it easier ;) )

Aaalsooo: Ich finde, du hast dich recht gut geschlagen. Ich wollte bei dem Fallbeispiel weniger auf die detaillierte medizinische Versorgung aus (daher auch mal ein FB ohne viele spektakuläre Wendungen ;) ), sondern wollte eher ein paar sprachliche Hemmungen abbauen und nebenher auf die kleine Besonderheit der englischen Notrufnummer hinweisen, die dort nämlich nicht die 112 sondern die 999 (eine für alles - Feuerwehr, Polizei und Rettungsdienst) ist.
Sprachlich hast du dich wirklich recht gut geschlagen - einzig unklar bleibt mir im Moment, was du mit "i gave him some gaze" meinst ;). Ansonsten gehe ich mal davon aus, dass dich in England sowohl der Patient als auch die anderen Helfer (Polizei, RD) verstanden hätten ;)

Deine /(eure) Kritik?

lg Caro
Caro, 28, Lehrerin.

31.08.2009, 17:56
duch den Euronotruf müsste die 112 auch in GB funktionieren, parallel neben der 999, wie in anderen EU-Ländern auch.

gruß

€: http://www.sos112.info/uk.htm
Zuletzt geändert von gorld am 31.08.2009, 17:58, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Endlich EH! 04.05.2008!

31.08.2009, 18:04
Die 112 geht im UK auch, zumindest laut der EU (Liste der Länder mit 112 )

EDIT: gorld war schneller
Zuletzt geändert von Max am 31.08.2009, 18:05, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Mitglied bei *dem* BRK und bei den Brandpatschen

31.08.2009, 21:34
Naja, ich finde die Idee gut, auch mal ein FB in englischer Sprache zu gestalten, man lernt dabei so einiges.
Zu der Notrufnummer: Ich schließe mich meinen Vorrednern an und behaupte, dass ich mit der 112 auch zum Ziel gekommen wäre.
Mit dem "gaze" waren die Kompressen gemeint, die nunmal normale ZeMuKos waren, zu englisch: "gaze-compress".

Wobei ich ja auch zugeben muss, dass ich auch hin und wieder mal ins Wörterbuch geguckt habe und auch die Notrufnummer erst bei Wiki recherchiert habe.

leverkusen.dlrg.de
www.drk-lev.de

31.08.2009, 22:00
Also, ich fande so beim durchlesen die Idee, eine FB in Englisch zu machen genial. Da Englisch eigentlich vielerorts verstanden wird, ist es u.U. auch wichtig, medizinische Begriffe auf Englisch im Hinterkopf zu haben! Klasse. :)
17 Jahre | SanC | Schulsanitäter | Leiter SSD | Bereitschaft'ler | RUD A&B | RHS'ler | Ausbildung in 1 Monat folgend ... Rettungshelfer |

Foren-Übersicht Erste Hilfe, Rettung und Medizin Fallbeispiele

Zurück zu Fallbeispiele